Steampunk Gear, Gadgets, and Gizmos: A Maker’s Guide to Creating Modern Artifacts
$25.00 (as of June 27, 2017, 10:07 pm)
Unleash Your Inner Mechanical Mastermind
Welcome to the wondrous world of Thomas Willeford, aka Lord Archibald “Feathers” Featherstone, through which he shares his closely guarded secrets of Steampunkery. Stuffed with do-it-yourself projects, Steampunk Gear, Gadgets, and Gizmos: A Maker's Guide to Creating Up to date Artifacts shows you how one can build exquisite, ingenious contraptions on the cheap.
Learn from Lord Featherstone as he distills his wealth of hard-learned skills, describes how one can use the readily to be had tools of the Up to date mad scientist, and expounds at the art and philosophy of scavenging unique components and raw materials. The very best companion for the hobbyist and advanced machinist alike, this inventive volume will guide you during the creation of your very own infernal devices.
Get steamed with these provocative projects:
- Aetheric ray deflector solid brass goggles
- Calibrated indicator gauges
- Ferromagnetic self-scribing automated encyclopedia (or, the Steampunk book drive)
- High voltage electro-static cannon (or, the lamp gun)
- Tesla-pod chrono-static insulating field generator (or, the mobile device enclosure)
- Altitude mask with integrated respiratory augmentation
- Armoured pith helmet
- Mark I superior replacement arm with integrated Gatling gun attachment
Visit the companion web site, www.mhprofessional.com/steampunk, for videos, images, and more bonus content!
Make Great Stuff!
TAB, an imprint of McGraw-Hill Professional, is a leading publisher of DIY technology books for makers, hackers, and electronics hobbyists.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.